• Flexible Membership for Dog Trainers of all abilities
• Quality Education for Dog Trainers & Behaviourists
• Recognised within The Industry
• Dedicated to producing the best Dog Professionals for the benefit of all dogs.
The Institute of Modern Dog Trainers is one of the UK’s leading independent Course providers for Dog Trainers and Behaviourists. The IMDT was founded to promote the very best in understanding and training of dogs through quality Trainers and ultimately, owners. The IMDT was founded in 1999 by Steve Mann, with a great deal of invaluable help from leading Dog Trainers throughout Europe, America and the UK. The aim of The IMDT is to provide high quality training, education and membership to all Dog Trainers, with an emphasis on proven, ethical and science based teaching methods. It is also outfitted with the best pet cameras and regularly produces quality footage for training purposes. They are truly specialists in this field.
Through a range of Courses and assessment, The IMDT offers a recognised and accredited qualification in “Principles of Dog Training & Behaviour”.
The IMDT is a Registered Learning Centre for The Open College Network & offers education and qualification that is externally verified and recognised within the industry
To learn more about obtaining the Dog Training Qualification, please ‘contact us’.
The IMDT, standing for Dog Trainers & Behaviourists of Today & Tomorrow.
Code Of Ethics
All Members of The IMDT agree to abide by The IMDT Code of Ethics:-
- To train dogs professionally with honesty, integrity and in the best interest of the dog, owner, the public and The IMDT.
- Actively provide and promote force-free training methods and actively reject any methods or equipment that may cause physical or mental discomfort.
- Continue Professional development through books, workshops, courses & seminars.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of clients.
- Carry suitable professional insurance including public liability.
- Members agree to work within their professional limits and agree to refer owners with needs beyond those limits to a suitable professional.
- Provide and promote science based, proven dog training principles to a high, professional standard.
- Avoid positive punishment as a tool for training dogs.
- Accept IMDT Committee decisions as final after appeals process.
- Proactively benefit dogs and dog owners.
- Proactively promote The IMDT.